Monday, December 6, 2010

Killing Time

So, I have 50 minutes or so before I need to go to the other building to proctor an exam for the evening. It has amazed me that this year has passed so quickly, again.

So a brief update.
June/July-Went to Estonia with for a conference and met Mom afterward. I then went on to Austria, Hungary, London, and a stop in Istanbul on the way back.
August-Finalized the September vacation and school started. I had 2 classes of organic chem and 1 class of freshmen. I was blessed with good classes this year.
September-I went to Copenhagen and Reykjavik for the Eid holiday. I could have stayed in Iceland for a very long, long time. When I got back I started teaching spinning classes twice a week. It has been good
October-Continue teaching labs and spinning class. I finalized everything for the November trip and for the December trip.
November-I went to Italy for the Eid holiday. While I was there I took the Praxis 1 test and should be able to find out some of my scores tomorrow. (I could have called and found out my scores on Friday but it would have costed $30 on top of the $170 I had to pay for the exam. I'm waiting.)
December-It is only the 6th but classes are finishing and I'm counting down till when I go home. I leave at 1 am on the 18th to go to Amsterdam for 2 days. Then, on the 20th I fly to Alaska. I'm flying KLM this year so that should be interesting.

Here is what is coming up
January-Come back from home, recover. Start classes and spinning once again.
February/March- Teach and a Spring Break trip to Belgium and Luxembourg. I made Dad's year by telling him I'm going to Brussells. Then he started GIGGLING, like a little girl! Then he said, "You're going to Brussells, Sprout." Every conversation he works something like that in, I don't think he will ever stop.
April-I'm planning on taking a weekend trip to Abu Dhabi to see a friend.
May-Better get things ready to sell and move.
June-finish teaching summer session and head home.

So, I'm excited about moving home but it is going to be a huge change. Not just going back to be a student again or having to pay a lot more money for gas, but to be back in the US. Also, I won't be going to Europe on an extended vacation, that will be strange, especially after these last few years.

Anyway, Merry Christmas. I hope this finds you all well.

No comments: