Monday, May 5, 2008

Oops, that wasn't expensive, was it?

In the last 18 hours I have broken a piece of glassware that is in limited supply and had my car battery go dead. The last day has not been wonderful.

Ok, so an update since I last posted. Not a whole lot has been happening here. The new things are pretty simple.
One of my friends from College Station comes in on Thursday night and will be here until the 23rd.
My grades are finished for the semester so no classes until fall.
The lab is almost set up, but I accidentally broke a piece of glassware today so there will be a delay there.
My lab order is for about $10,000 between chemicals and glassware.
I left my lights on in the car yesterday and ran the battery down, another brilliant move.
I can’t go back to the US before the 14th of December for tax purposes.
I leave for Finland in 9 days (and can have pork!).
Now that is exciting! I have my hotel/hostel arrangements made and Mom has started worrying. It was actually pretty funny because I was talking to my sister and she had asked if Mom was nervous about me yet. I think she will be nervous from now until the 14th of December when, God willing, I will be home.

I am enjoying my new car. I am almost at 1200 kilometers on the car, about 750 miles. I have not figured out the gas mileage yet, I know it isn’t great, but gas isn’t expensive here. It costs me about $10 to fill up the car, going to the states this summer is going to suck when having to fill up.

Convocation is happening on campus tomorrow night and a whole bunch of big wigs are coming. I would go to it, but…I don’t want to. I don’t have any students graduating this semester so I don’t feel obligated to go. Next year quite a few will be graduating so I’ll go. I will be ‘missing’ graduation as well. Graduation is on the 15th and I’ll be in Finland, darn.

Anyway, we have a meeting with the president of A&M this afternoon. I don’t remember her name, I think I should figure that out before I go.

Oh, the piece of glassware was only $34.00, not that bad.

No comments: