Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It is the little stuff, oh, and rug night



January 29, 2008

Ok, so first I am going to tell you about when I ate shwarma and went rug shopping (well, actually it was looking) and then I'll talk about the little stuff.
So Thursday after work me and 3 other people who work for A&M went out to dinner and then went to look at rugs. I thought I would be back about 8 and I was wrong. Ok, shwarma is like a wrapped burrito. I had chicken and they cut it off this big hunk of meat. They heat it up and then put in lettuce, tomatoes and other stuff that I ate cause it was dark. It was very good. Then we went to the rugs. These are rugs from Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan and were beautiful. They were all handmade by people in those countries and we awesome. Not only did they show us about 75 rugs but they explained what the designs mean, where they came from, and let us walk on them. It was like a History Chanel Special, but better cause you could ask questions and actually touch what they were showing you. They had one rug that was a silk rug and it was huge, it was also over $11,000. Yes, that is in dollars, but it was beautiful.
Ok, now about the little stuff. Yesterday I picked up the latest box that Mom and Dad sent. When I talked to Mom I had mentioned that I couldn't find Kraft Mac'n cheese and some other stuff. I opened the box and there it was. It is like a little touch of home in Doha.
Last night I had dinner with a family across the street and told Jennifer that I couldn't find thyme. Today I came home and there was a bottle on my doorstep. It's the little things that just make me so thankful for the people I meet and that I am family to. Mom sent am email telling me how people ask about me at church and that feels pretty good too that people remember you. I remember you all too. Thank you.

No comments: