Thursday, January 24, 2008

Time is a bit faster here.

January 24, 2008

I told mom about the clocks and she said that it would be an interesting post, so here it is. Before I left Alaska I was trying to figure out what sort of current is used here. I had read that both 220v and 240v were used but I didn't think it could be both. Well, I was right, it isn't both. The electrical plugs here, most of them, are the two circle prongs. Some are thicker than others so you have to get an adaptor for it to work in my UK style outlets. The electronics run on 220V but the current is actually 240V. What does this actually mean? Well, I Saturday night I set my clock at the time that is on my computer so I can get up at 6:50 am. By Thursday morning my clock still says 6:50am when it goes off but it is actually about 6:35am. The higher current makes the clocks run faster. Kind of funny I think, but also kind of annoying. Any clock that is plugged into a wall socket has to be reset every once in a while.

1 comment:

momanddads said...

Loved the title of this post...does that mean are running behind here?