Sunday, April 11, 2010

I really wish Jolly Rancher's weren't kosher....

So, today's latest adventure was to find the ministry of publication to pick up my box from amazon. It was a mix of stuff, nothing big just a bunch of little stuff, and 1 giant bag of Jolly Rancher candy. I got the box and no Jolly Ranchers. Somebody in customs STOLE my Jolly Ranchers! They are halal, like kosher but for Muslims, so I knew they could come in the country fine but they are in the box. Any, I had to pay $50 for shipping! What kind of person steals candy? (Well, someone in Qatari Customs does.) I would have given them some if they asked!

The good news, and that is what I'm trying to focus on, is that the rest of the stuff came through just fine. I can start studying for the Praxis exam. This is exciting so I can start the next phase or the post-Doha part of life.

I also found out that I'll be working the in the research lab this summer. I don't like the research lab, if I did like it I would have a Ph.D. now. I keep telling myself that on June 16, 2011 I'll be on my way out of here. Today, it can't come soon enough.

No comments: