Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Targets and Quilts

So the physical fitness instructors offer practice archery time for their students but they let any one shoot. So on Sunday I tried it for the first time. I was a little frustrated at first, until I realized that I was closing the wrong eye. After I started closing the left eye my aim got a lot better. The picture below is from yesterday's practice session. It was my 2nd session and I got 4 in the yellow. Pretty good, if I do say so myself, but I'm still glad I buy my food from the grocery store.
This is a baby quilt for a friend. Another friend and I made it. The good news is that no new fabric had to be shipped over for the quilt so I have a little less here.
Aggie Muster is this evening. I'm hoping to have time to work out between the final exam this afternoon and Muster this evening. We will see what happens.


1 comment:

Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

One of my year-one plans for our new property (once we get some) is to establish an archery range.

I used to shoot a bow when I was a kid, and have a cousin who made Jr. Olympics, so getting my kids into it is a goal of mine.