Friday, February 15, 2008

Church

Everywhere else that I have been, Mexico, Canada, and the US, churches are labeled with their name, denomination affiliation, and maybe even service times on the outside of the building. A lot of churches will have a cross on the outside or something that the building is recognized as a church. That isn't the case here. I have not seen a church that has their name on the outside of the building. There is nothing on the outside of the church that would make it recognizable as a church to another person. Two churches that I know of in Doha meet in villas, large villas, for services. The church that I have attended twice, Grace Fellowship, is the one pictured above. It isn't the best picture, I tried to avoid cars in the picture but I didn't get very far, but it shows what it is like. There are 2 dirt areas that people park, you have to be careful to avoid parking tickets. Also, there are two security guards out front. What a difference half a world makes in churches. I was thinking today about the Anchorage Baptist Temple and how they were fighting the city of Anchorage to be able to put up a larger sign. I don't think that the people here would complain about a sign being too small, do you?

Work is going well. I am not going to work this weekend, something new and different for me. Anyway, keep in touch, I love to get emails about what people are doing.

No comments: