Monday, February 4, 2008

Mosques


Ok, these are two pictures taken from different spots in the same parking lot. The first is taken right after we arrived to the souqs, about 5 pm, and mosque on the left is an old mosque, commonly referred to as the pigeon poop mosque because of, well, you know, and the other is what I call the circle mosque. Both are visible in the lower picture taken about 1 hour later. In the top picture you can also see some stores off to the right and those are part of the souqs. This is close to the gold souqs, the tailor souqs, and the fabric souqs.

I am trying to think of things that people think are interesting, and I am not having a lot of luck. I do need to go to the grocery store tonight, but it is just like any other store. The only real difference is the brand of products and the fact that it has Arabic writing on the packages. I am still working on learning to read my numbers and I am slow but I think I got it. Now I need to start working on my letters.

No comments: