Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Athens

When in Athens, go to the Acropolis. That’s what everyone does and you could tell because the place was packed. Someone said that there were 6 cruise ships in the day I was there. The Acropolis was really neat to see, despite all the people. I also got to see the Olympic stadium from the 1896 games, the home of the Greek Academy of Sciences, and the Greek Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (the guards where miniskirts). We spent a lot of time in traffic on the bus which meant that I got a little motion sick, which wasn’t cool. Athens was just another huge city and I wasn’t too impressed with it and wasn’t sad to leave. Glad I went but I have no desire to go back.

Oh, and I caught a cold.
Miniskirts!
The 1896 Olympic Stadium.

The Acropolis. There were 6 ships in Athens the day I was there and you know everybody wants to go to the Acropolis.


Parthenon, there is a really good documentary about repairing/rebuilding it on Nova which you can watch on hulu.com.



I came, I saw, and I bought a postcard.




No comments: