Sunday, November 8, 2009

I blame it on the bug...

So just a funny story from last night. I was watching TV and knitting and I saw a bug on the floor of my apartment. So, I grabbed my Raid and sprayed him. I went and read for a while and then I went back to the couch forgetting that I had sprayed Raid on my floor and that makes in slippery. My foot slipped and it went underneath the couch but I didn't fall. So I sat down and looked at my foot and saw that a piece of the nail had been torn off. I removed the piece of nail and then saw that it was bleeding. I walked into the bathroom, got my foot into the bathroom sink to wash it off and then I did something horrible. I looked at my toe. I then started to feel woozy and realized that I was not going to be able to put a band-aid on my toe. So I looked to see if my coworker was home, he wasn't, so I called another friend down the street. She came down and while I'm waiting I'm walking/hobbling back and forth trying to not look at my toe. So she walks in sees me with my box of band-aids and I said, "I need a band-aid on my toe but I can't look at it without being woozy, can you do it?" She did, of course, which is how you know you have good friends, they come down do your house at 10 pm and put a bandage on your toe because you can't. Oh, and yes, I feel very silly about it now.

The other exciting news is that I have reached my latest goal on Weight Watchers. I have lost 15% of my starting weight and I am on track to meet my goal of having lost 50 pounds by Christmas. There is one problem with losing weight and that is clothing. My clothes don't fit any more, but I make them work, so I have to get new ones when I go home at Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I have 36 days until I leave and 41 days until I'm in Alaska. (I'm going to Oregon first to see my sister's kids, and her too.) I'll be home soon and I can't wait!

I hope you are doing well!

1 comment:

Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

Congrats on reaching your latest goal!! I'm excited for you. And I can see the difference in your face in the hat pix.

Shifted my goal this week-- to what I've maintained the last 2 months so I got my "lifetime" membership (wink).

Now I'm officially on my first week of maintainance and I'm looking (again!) for a new way to eat.

*sigh*

I ought to just settle on something. But we'll see how I do.

Will you be swinging through Fbx at all on your visit home?