Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Corfu

This was a very nice stop that I enjoyed. We got to the Achilleon Palace whose most famous owner was the Hapsburg family. It was a beautiful place and the road up and down demonstrated the skill of the bus driver. I was impressed with his skills turning the bus on hairpin turns as I would have given up. When I told Dad about this he said “it is all about how you set up the turn.” I was still very impressed. We went into the center of the main town and into a Greek Orthodox Church. Very fancy, not at all like the Lutheran Churches I have belonged to or have seen. I would’ve liked to have spent more time walking around here and exploring the island. The island was also very green which was great to see, especially have been in Doha for any period of time.

No comments: