Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mykanos

This was the one place that we didn’t have a tour arranged. We were only there a couple hours but it was fun. We went into town and the flood of people made me want to get away from the flow of traffic, so we went up. We went up the side and found a windmill and a wine pressing vat. The vat had been used that year and the leftovers were fermenting a bit so the smell was a little ripe.

Before I got off the boat I had talked to one of the workers about the place and she said that you could get gyros for 2.50€. So we found a small hole-in-the-wall place that had no tourists eating there and ordered. It was yummy. The gyro and a soda was 4€ which was the cheapest meal we found off the ship. I also found some Greek chocolate which was yummy. After dinner we watched the sunset, getting some great photos, and my friend went back to the ship. I wandered my way back and I’m sure I gave some people some laughs. I was on the main tourist street and I went into a store, looked around and then walked out. Well, I turned the wrong direction and then had to turn around again to head back to the boat. It wouldn’t have been so bad but I did this 4 or 5 times within a block area. I finally made my way back to the shuttle to go back to the boat.
The blue doors are to keep the 'evil eye' away from the members of the house. Basically, it is to keep bad things from happening to people in the household, like when we knock on wood.
This is where some people smashed grapes. It was very obvious from the smell that this had happened a while ago

Looking out over the town. Pretty I thought.


No comments: