Sunday, August 9, 2009

Krakow, Poland-Part 1

This section gets 2 parts, one for the first day I was there and then the second, you’ll understand. The first day there I went to Wawel Castle, pronounce the ‘w’ as a ‘v’. I climbed to the top of the bell tower in the church and took some pictures of the town. I also went to the Pharmacy Museum and that was really cool. In fact, it was a major draw for me even going to Krakow.



Ok, so I’m not Catholic but I thought this was cool for Catholics and non-Catholics. This is the place where Pope John Paul II performed his first mass. The late Pope was HUGE in Krakow and it all made sense when I found out that before he became a Cardinal he was the Archbishop of Krakow.

The clock tower is in the center of Old Town Krakow and is a pretty building. I didn’t go to the top, one tower climb per day is good enough for me.






No comments: