Monday, August 10, 2009

Vilnius-Part I

I flew to Vilnius from Warsaw on the second Sunday of the vacation. The Vilnius airport is tiny. As we were taxiing in from the runway we past small airplanes, the Cessnas and Cubs (or something like that). It was raining when we got off the plane and the ground crew was taking cover underneath the wing of the airplane. Kind of funny I thought.

So Old Town is mainly where I went so here are the pictures.

Vilnius Cathedral is an amazing white building that just pops out at you.
This is the hill of three crosses, or something like that, that you can climb to the top of the hill to see, I didn’t. Thank God for zoom lenses!
So I climbed to the top of a tower off of the old town, picture of tower is second, and the following picture is a view of the town.








No comments: