Sunday, August 9, 2009

Krakow, Poland-Part 2

A local farmer's market in Krakow. I really wanted to buy vegies cause they were so pretty! I didn't because I don't like to eat most of them.The Pharmacy Museum. I was the only person there and they had to turn on the lights so I could go through the Museum. I love personal service!
The second day that I was in Krakow I took the bus to the Polish (duh) town of Oswiecimiu. Most people know this town as the site of the concentration camp Auschwitz. Auschwitz I used to be a Polish army camp and is quite pretty with the trees and brick buildings. This was the work camp and the headquarters of the Gestapo. While many many many people died here is normally wasn’t because of the gas chambers. This camp caused death by working people to death. Many of the bunkers that were used to house prisoners are open as exhibits. They have the suitcases, the human hair, the pots and pans, and other displays of what the victims brought with them to the camp. The camp was smaller than I thought it would be, it didn’t take very long to walk around.
The infamous sign at the entrance of the camp.
A very quiet place, even though it is a big tourist stop.








No comments: