Sunday, August 9, 2009

Warsaw, Poland-Part 1

Poland
So, I’m assuming that everyone doesn’t want to see all of the pictures, there are 778 of them. So I figured I would write the events, organized by country, so you can look at the ones you want
So I arrived in Warsaw on Friday the 10th about noon. I had a tight connection at London Heathrow and I made the plane but the bag got to stay longer in the UK. It was delivered later that evening so I had it before I went to bed. I was staying in the city center, a little bit away from old town, but I was close to the transit system so it made it very convenient. The first afternoon I walked around the city center and went to the Saxon Garden Park and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I was reading outside, in the park, and it started to rain. I didn’t have my coat with me so I sat underneath the tree and watched it rain. The tree kept me dry so I was fine. After that I went to a mall to find a backpack since my camera bag was hurting my shoulder.
The next day I went to old town and walked around. I went to Warsaw Castle/Palace. The floors in the Palace are amazing! They were all wood and rebuilt in the 1960s. You could take pictures all over in here which was awesome, especially since I couldn’t do that at the Palace in Krakow.




This is the symbol of the Warsaw Uprising and was also important to the people around the time of the fall of communism. Pretty cool.







No comments: